Help us keep GDODF a free event – text DOORSOPEN to 70085 to donate £5.
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message.

Maryhill Burgh Halls

Maryhill Burgh Halls Trust, 10-24 Gairbraid Ave
G20 8YE

Join the curator of Maryhill Museum on this tour round the historic Burgh Halls.

The Burgh Hall building at Gairbraid Avenue was formally opened on Friday 26th April 1878. It came about due to the increasing population growth in the town of Maryhill and the lawlessness this created. The H.M. Inspector of Police for Scotland had insisted that the Maryhill Police Commissioners take steps to provide a more suitable building for police purposes. They allocated a portion of ground at the junction of Gairbraid Avenue and Wyndford Street, (now Maryhill Road) and plans were prepared which included the necessary police accommodation, court room, bathhouse, washhouse, fire station and a public hall to seat 900.

But thats just a small part of the story. Join us on this tour to learn more about the building and the history of Maryhill.

Other Information

Travel

Accessibility

Physical Access to Building: Fully Accessible (access to all areas without trouble, including for someone using a wheelchair or mobility scooter)
Facilities: Seating, Toilet, Wheelchair Accessible Toilet, Refreshments, Hearing Loop, Information available in large-print, Information available in braille

Organisation

Organisation Information:

Welcome to the historic Maryhill Burgh Halls, a space for community events, local history and businesses. We strive to make culture and heritage accessible for all and are run on volunteers and donations.

Visit This Building

Open Saturday and Sunday @ 10am till 5pm – No booking necessary

Tours Saturday and Sunday @ 11am and 2pm – Booking essential  

Tour duration: 1 hour