Help us keep GDODF a free event – text DOORSOPEN to 70085 to donate £5.
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message.

Queens Park Govanhill Church

Built 1875
170 Queen’s Drive Glasgow
G41 8 BQ

Originally a Free church of Scotland now a congregation of the Church of Scotland, the building has recently under gone major alterations the upper area now the Sanctuary. The lower area a community hall the stencil on the north wall is of a design of Daniel Cottier The stain glass window is also a Cottier design in the vestibule are 2 stain glass windows in memory of Miss Jane Haining ,a member of the church in the 1930s she went to Budapest where she was a matron to boarders in the Vorosmarty school ,a Jewish Mission School because of her protection and care of the girls she was arrested by the Gestapo in April 1944 eventually taken to Auschwitz where she died April 17th 1944 the windows were dedicated in June 1948. During the pandemic many of our activities have been curtailed but using zoom ,YouTube and phone we have continued to have Sunday services Prayer meetings bible study and daily bible readings our food bank and club 170 which gives food and fellowship to those in need have continued n a restricted manner.

Other Information

Travel

Accessibility

Physical Access to Building: Fully Accessible (access to all areas without trouble, including for someone using a wheelchair or mobility scooter)

Organisation

Visit This Building

Open Saturday @ 10am till 4pm – No booking necessary