Help us keep GDODF a free event – text DOORSOPEN to 70085 to donate £5.
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message.

St Andrew’s Cathedral

Built 22 December 1816
168 Clyde Street Glasgow
G1 4ER

St Andrew’s Cathedral, parish, and Mother Church of the Archdiocese of Glasgow.

The parish dates from 1795, in the Calton district. The Calton chapel was built in 1797, when Rev John Farquharson was priest in charge of Glasgow, It could hold 600 people.
But it soon became too small. The city offered a site in Kent Street for a new Catholic chapel. However, situated west of the Town’s Hospital, Scott Son and Lawrie’s woodyard in Great Clyde Street was bought, and building of a larger chapel (St Andrew’s ) began in June 1814. The priest then in charge was Rev Andrew Scott

Tel: 01412042409
Email: cathedral@rcag.org.uk

Other Information

Travel

Accessibility

Physical Access to Building: Fully Accessible (access to all areas without trouble, including for someone using a wheelchair or mobility scooter)

Organisation

Organisation Information:

St Andrew’s Cathedral, parish, and Mother Church of the Archdiocese of Glasgow.

The parish dates from 1795, in the Calton district. The Calton chapel was built in 1797, when Rev John Farquharson was priest in charge of Glasgow, It could hold 600 people.
But it soon became too small. The city offered a site in Kent Street for a new Catholic chapel. However, situated west of the Town’s Hospital, Scott Son and Lawrie’s woodyard in Great Clyde Street was bought, and building of a larger chapel (St Andrew’s ) began in June 1814. The priest then in charge was Rev Andrew Scott

Visit This Building

Open Saturday @ 10:30am till 1pm and 2pm till 4pm; Sunday @ 1:30pm till 4pm – No booking necessary